These are our dogs.The bigger one is Sadie- we've had her for a little over 5 years. She is wide open, and people always think she's the puppy. She loves everyone and is open to any new adventures... new people, new dogs, a trip to the vet, whatever. The little one is Bella. She's just a year old and afraid of everything- except Sadie! See the big green bed they're "sharing"? That's Sadie's bed- sometimes Bella lets her sleep on it. See the little white bed? You guessed it- that's Bella's bed. She wants nothing to do with the little bed.
Yesterday was our one year "BellaVersary". One year since my husband and son brought home this cute little irresistable puppy who didn't shed and didn't chew...ever... EV-ER. One year of endless shedding and vacuuming. One year of chewing everything that comes near her - even those so-called indestructable dog toys! ha! She laughs at the thought! She is a handful, and we love her!
My mom had a BUNCH of these rawhide chews that her teeny tiny dogs don't really chew. They delicately nibble on them for a while, and then flatly reject them as "used". (I am tempted to insert a photo of my mom's dogs here, but I am already pushing my luck with this laptop, and I might lose everything... maybe I'll add it later...but they are super cute, super "fancy" little dogs!) My mom says, "Do your dogs like these things?" as she pulls out a BIG bag. DO they??? I'm thinking I'll throw them on the floor and they'll roll in them... you know, like when someone wins a zillion dollars (all in $1 bills, of course)!
So this morning, we got that big snow, and everyone's home and the dogs are getting restless and I remember the bag! I am so excited I can hardly wait to throw them (the chews!) on the floor and see their grateful reaction...
Sadie sniffs curiously, but not with her usual zest for the new and unexplored... I think she can smell those little dogs, and all the really great food at Grandma's house...
And Bella.... the chewing machine... who lives for a piece of rawhide...
ran into her crate!
(look close, the side door is wide open...)
After a while, she can no longer resist temptation and decides to try just one...
They had a big time choosing just the right flip to gnaw on, and after devouring a few, enjoyed a nice long snooze!
And I can assure you, if it HAD been a big pile of a zillion $1 bills, they probably wouldn't have rolled in those either...
...they'd have chewed them up, lickety split!
No comments:
Post a Comment